Try this classic Monte Cristo sandwich recipe on the road this summer in your RV. It’s great for a lunch-time picnic when you’re out exploring Canada’s National Parks and campgrounds.
Muskoka-Style Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 8 slices bread of your choice
- 8 slices bacon
- Whole berry cranberry sauce (homemade or canned)
- 8 slices of brie cheese
- Fresh baby arugula
- 2 eggs, mixed with 2 Tbsp. milk
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until browned. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwich: Butter bread slices. On the bottom slice, place two slices of brie cheese. Top with two slices of bacon, overlapping. Top with a generous dollop of cranberry sauce. Top with arugula. Top with 2nd slice of bread.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Preheat oven to 350° F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine eggs and milk in a large shallow pan or bowl.
- Carefully lift sandwich and dip bottom into egg/milk mixture for a few seconds. Flip and dip the other side. Immediately place into frying pan with hot butter. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Cook in the frying pan until bottom side is browned, flip and repeat with other side. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and pop in to the preheated oven for about 5 minutes to fully melt the cheese.
Serve immediately, with a bit of maple syrup for dipping, if desired.
Visit Woody’s RV World
Stop by Woody’s RV World this summer to tour a new or pre-owned motorhome or travel trailer. If you’re not on the market for a new RV this summer travel season, you can still stop by Woody’s RV World for service, parts, and accessories.