Crock-pot recipes make life easier for RVers. If you haven’t tried any in your RV, you’re missing out on a world of convenience. They give you the heartiness of a home cooked meal with the effort of a drive thru. Just throw your ingredients in, go have fun for the day (or even travel), and return to a meal! Here are a couple of recipes to get you started.
BAKED POTATO SOUP
- 2 kg russet & red potatoes, peeled & diced, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2 – 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- Toppings: bacon bits, shredded sharp cheddar, diced green onions, etc.
- Place the diced potatoes into the crockpot. Toss in the onions, garlic, chicken broth, water and the seasoning. Stir it up and close the lid.
- Let the cooking begin. This dish needs to simmer for 6 hours on high, or 10 hours on low.
- When the soup has cooked completely, cube the cream cheese and place it in the crock-pot. Stir it up as much as possible and then carefully place your immersion blender into the pot. The immersion blender will break up and mix the soup, creating a smooth consistency.
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 can Rotel
- 8-10 soft corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Guacamole and/or sour cream
- Shredded lettuce & tomatoes
- Toss the first four ingredients into the crock-pot. Cook for 4 to 6 hours on high, or up to 8 hours on low. Leave the pot closed throughout cooking.
- Shred the chicken with a fork when it is done. The chicken should be so tender that it falls apart on the fork. If it doesn’t, then you haven’t cooked it long enough. If there is a lot of juice, simply use a slotted spoon to strain off the excess.
- Add the filling to slightly warm tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.
Visit Woody’s RV World
Stop by Woody’s RV World to pick up any RV accessories you may need. If you don’t have an RV and think camping out, especially for special events, sounds like fun, stop by our showroom to walk through our many floor plans.