Great for breakfast if you really want to make it special, these blueberry peach tarts with vanilla glaze go wonderfully with a hot cup of coffee. They’re also good for a few days, so you can make them the night before and have them waiting for you in the morning (of course, nobody’s going to know if you have one for a bedtime snack that night!).
Blueberry Peach Tart with Vanilla Glaze
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry, thawed for 20 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk OR heavy cream, more if needed to achieve desired consistency
- Remove 1 sheet of puffed pastry from the freeze; thaw for 15-20 minutes at room temperature, or until it can easily be unfolded without cracking.
- Preheat oven to 400°(F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and water; beat until well combined; set aside.
- Thinly slice peaches and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch; toss well ensuring all peaches and are coated in the cinnamon sugar mix; set aside.
- Gently unfold the puffed pastry. If it does crack, gently press the tears back together and mend with slightly wet fingers.
- Place puffed pastry on prepared baking sheet.
- Layer the peaches evenly (and very tightly) on the puffed pastry, making 3 tidy rows, leaving a 1″ border around the pastry. Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Lightly brush exposed pastry crust with egg wash.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating once during baking, or until the crust is puffed up and golden brown and the peaches are tender.
- While the tart bakes, make the vanilla glaze!
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and cream; whisk until smooth, adding more cream as needed to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the tart right before serving.
Visit Woody’s RV World
Stop by Woody’s RV World this summer to tour a new or pre-owned motorhome or travel trailer. If you’re not on the market for a new RV this summer travel season, you can still stop by Woody’s RV World for service, parts, and accessories.