Traveling in your RV for Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you have to eat dinner at a pricey restaurant. In fact, you can cook a high-end, restaurant-quality meal easily in the comfort of your RV. This seafood and pasta recipe with a cherry tomato fra diavolo sauce will make you and your lover feel like you’re dining at a costly restaurant without the price or stuffy atmosphere.
Seafood and Pasta with Cherry Tomato Fra Diavolo Sauce
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed seafood (lobster, shrimp, crab meat, white fish)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Fresno chile peppers (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- To create the sauce, heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Stir in the chiles, garlic and onions. Stir for 5 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pour in the sherry. Continue cooking until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Stir tomatoes and oregano into the sauce, then cover until tomatoes burst open (10-15 minutes). Stir in the parsley and basil, then remove from heat.
- To cook the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Pat the seafood dry then sprinkle it with Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat, then cook the seafood in the oil until heated through.
- Use the vermouth to deglaze the pan and scrape the brown pieces from the bottom.
- Cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Toss the sauce with the pasta and fold in the seafood.
- Serve with your favorite green salad and fresh bread.
Visit Woody’s RV World
Don’t forget to stop and see us at Woody’s RV World for all of your RV needs when you’re out traveling this February.