Traveling in your RV during the holidays may make you feel like you have to miss out on some of your favorite holiday traditions. But you shouldn’t let your small RV kitchen hold you back from making delicious holiday desserts. This heavenly red velvet fudge recipe is guaranteed to impress everyone at the campground; although, you’ll probably want to keep it all for yourself.
Holiday Red Velvet Fudge
What You’ll Need:
- 12 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 bottle liquid red food coloring (1-ounce)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (chopped)
- Start by lining an 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Be sure to extend the paper over the sides, then coat it with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, vanilla extract and table salt together with an electric mixer. Continue beating until the mixture is creamy.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar adding just one cup at a time.
- Continue beating the mixture at high speed for three minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate morsels according to the directions on the package, then beat the white chocolate into the cream cheese mixture. Set one third of the cream cheese mixture aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate according to the directions on the package, then stir it into the remaining two thirds of cream cheese mixture. Stir in the food coloring.
- Fold the walnuts into the milk chocolate and cream cheese mixture, then pour the combination into your prepared pan.
- Tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles that may be inside, then freeze for 10 minutes.
- Take your fudge out of the freezer and spread the remaining cream cheese mixture evenly on top.
- Chill the fudge for another four to 24 hours, remove it from the pan and enjoy.
Start the New Year at Woody’s
Looking to upgrade your RV kitchen this holiday season? Or shopping for an entirely new RV? Woody’s RV World is your one-stop RV shop in Alberta with everything from new and used RV sales to service, upgrades, accessories and more.
Exclusive to Woody’s RV World for a special limited-time introductory price, the Hymer Aktiv can be yours today.
This recreational van combines more ergonomic features and functionality than you may be used to. Combined with its premium design, the Hymer Aktiv can be yours for $120,980.
Designed by German engineers the Aktiv is built to provide unrivaled space through its superior layout, which means that you get more space without losing any features, making your trips roomier and more enjoyable.
The Hymer Aktiv is designed to meet the needs of the outdoor adventurist, the weekend explorer and day tripper. Built on the Ram ProMaster chassis, the Aktiv is the perfect combination of comfort and convenience. The Hymer Aktiv combines unprecedented performance and unrivaled fit and finish with the versatility of a motorhome in a smaller package. The European-designed interior, full bathroom, expanded galley, large refrigerator, comfortable queen bed and abundance of storage make the Aktiv the ideal choice.
Visit Woody’s RV World
Visit Woody’s RV World to pre-order your Hymer Aktiv or to tour any other model we have in stock. Woody’s RV World offers RV sales, service, parts, and accessories in Alberta.
The weather is only getting colder and warm drinks are starting to sound better every day. If you love apple cider, why delay any longer? It’s cold enough already! Brew up a cup of apple cider in your RV today.
Quick and Hot Spiced Cider
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 large orange, quartered with peel
- 2 quarts apple cider
This is actually a really convenient and simple recipe. It uses a coffee brewer and is ready very quickly. Simply place the filter in the coffee basket and fill it with the brown sugar, allspice, cloves, cinnamon stick, salt, nutmeg, and orange wedges.
Pour the apple cider into the coffee pot where you’d normally put water. Brew and serve hot!
If you don’t have a coffee brewer in your RV, simply heat all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and strain out any ingredients that didn’t dissolve.
Hot Apple Cider with Rum
- 1 apple
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 cup dark rum
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
This has rum, so make sure you’re done driving for the day before you kick back with this drink.
Stud the apple with the cloves.
In a medium pot, combine the studded apple and remaining ingredients except for the rum.
Slowly bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes and then remove from heat and add the rum. Discard the apple.
Serve in mugs immediately with cinnamon stick garnish.
Visit Woody’s RV World
Visit Woody’s RV World this November to tour any unit in our inventory or to schedule service for your RV. Woody’s RV World has five convenient locations in Alberta, including Calgary and Edmonton.