Get some more color in your RV cooking with this delicious recipe. This mouthwatering summer stir fry recipe calls for farm fresh ginger, broccoli and applesauce to create a meal that’s delicious and healthy. Finish the meal with the five-second fruit salad, and you’ll be taking full advantage of this year’s summer harvest.
Pork, Apple and Ginger Summer Stir Fry
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 pound pork loin (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (chopped)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Whisk the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and applesauce together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and pork. Mix until the pork is evenly coated with cornstarch.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the peanut and sesame oils.
- Cook the pork in the oil in three separate batches. Cook for 2-3 minutes per batch.
- Remove the pork and pat it with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Stir the ginger into the skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the broccoli and cook until it’s tender.
- Place the pork strips back in the skillet and pour the sauce on top. Continue cooking until all ingredients are hot.
Five-Second Fruit Salad
What you’ll need:
- 2 bananas (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 apples (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 cans mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 container Cool Whip (thawed)
- Mix all of the fruit together in a large bowl and gently stir in the whipped topping. Ensure all of the fruit is evenly coated with Cool Whip before serving.
Visit Woody’s RV
Before you hit the roads this summer, be sure to stop and see us at Woody’s RV for all of your summer travel needs.