Camping is one of the best summer activities for a number of reasons, but aside from cooking s’mores over the fire, camping food is often less than desirable. Try these unique and delicious camping recipes next time you’re at the campsite, and you’ll never think of dining in the woods the same again.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite meat seasoning
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 4 red potatoes (sliced thin)
- 1 onion (sliced thin)
- 4 carrots (peeled and cut into strips)
- 4 slices of bacon
- Mix the ground beef, cracker crumbs, egg, cheese, lemon juice, seasoning and green pepper together in a large bowl. Shape the mixture into four equally-sized patties.
- Place each patty on two layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place the potato slices, onion slices and carrot slices on top of each patty.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half and put two slices on top of each patty.
- Seal the aluminum foil around the patties, and cook over the campfire for roughly 45 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked.
- Unwrap and enjoy.
What You’ll Need:
- 8 Pillsburry (or Rhodes) dinner rolls (thawed but cool)
- 8 hot dogs
- Roll each dinner roll into a roughly 15-inch rope.
- Twist the dinner roll around the hot dog four or five times, making sure to attach the ends of the rope to another piece of dough.
- Place on a campfire skewer and roast over hot coals until the dough is fully cooked.
- Serve with ketchup or other desired condiments.
Get Your Camping Supplies at Woody’s RV World
Woody’s RV World may already be your go-to place in Alberta for new and used RVs, but we’re also the best place to stock up on your RV parts and camping supplies too. Come see us today if you’re ready to take on the road with a new or used RV!